People who need visas MUST book at the early rate to get prompt letters of support as NO letters will be produced during the last week of May.
Important: Letters of support will not be issued before payment of registration fee. However, if a participant does not get a visa, the registration fee will be returned, minus an administration charge of £50 (see cancellation policy).
The site www.ukvisas.gov.uk has information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United Kingdom. It links to websites for UK visa application centres worldwide. UK embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements and should plan travel well in advance.
FLoC does not issue formal invitation letters for visas. However, we can issue a visa support letter, which describes the technical nature of the conference. Visa support letters cannot be sent to private addresses; we can only send them to established Universities and research labs. If you do not have a paper accepted at a FLoC event and require a visa support letter, your request must be accompanied by a reference letter from a known researcher.
For visa support letters, please send all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name as it appears on your passport
- Current Institution address (Support letters cannot be sent to personal addresses)
- The name of the conferences and workshops you wish to attend
- If you have had a paper accepted at one of these, please indicate whether you are the sole author or a co-author, and provide the full title of the paper. Alternatively, if you are otherwise associated with a conference or workshop, as organiser or programme committee member, please give details.
- Registration confirmation number